The world is increasingly going digital. And consumers are increasingly looking for recommendations online instead of asking friends.
If I’m choosing a dentist, doctor, auto body shop, restaurant, barber, surf school, etc. the number one thing that I look at is who has the best reviews.
And if I were running an offline services business (that didn’t already have a lot of positive reviews), I would focus at least 80% of my marketing time on generating positive reviews.
On a personal level, I recently used a review powered growth strategy to scale a digital services business from $5k monthly recurring revenue to $150k monthly recurring revenue in 50 days. Reviews work!
And if you spend the next three months focused purely on generating positive reviews, I can almost guarantee that you’ll see a bump in business and that you’ll send me a message thanking me.
It’s the engine that keeps on giving. If you have positive reviews, people are more apt to pile on with more positive reviews. And you’ll attract people who care about reviews and then will leave more reviews.
Plus, your other marketing dollars will give you a higher ROI because customers will convert at a higher rate.
Not convinced yet? Here are some stats on the impact of reviews (source):
- 86% of consumers read reviews for local businesses (including 95% of people aged 18-34) with 52% of 18-54-year-olds saying they ‘always’ read reviews
- 57% of customers won’t use a business that has fewer than 4 stars (up from 48% in 2017)
- Consumers are likely to spend 31% more on products/services from businesses that have excellent reviews
- 85% of consumers trust online reviews as much as they do for recommendations from friends and family
Ready to start generating positive reviews?
- Read this great article on improving your reviews.
- Sign up for one of the top services that will help you generate positive reviews